Why have a waiting list?
Seats become available on sold-out shows almost every night. Maybe a group of 5 becomes a group of 4, or maybe someone doesn’t show up at all. The waiting list is our chance to fill those otherwise empty seats and your chance to see the show even if you didn’t get tickets in time.
What are my chances?
There’s no hard science to it, but your odds are much better than you probably assume. There have a been a couple times when everyone with a reservation showed up, but on most nights we have at least 4 or 5 open seats and sometimes as many as 12 or 15.
Additionally, there are usually people who call to get on the waiting list and then don’t show up themselves. If you’re number 20 on the list and actually come to the theatre, you’ll probably be about the 8th in line to get in.
How does it work?
- Call us at 713-522-2723 to get on the waiting list.
- If someone with tickets cancels in advance, we’ll call to get you guaranteed seats. This is rare, but does happen occaisionally.
- Come to the theatre on the night of the show and check in at the box office. We can’t give you a ticket if we don’t know you’re there.
- Just before curtain, we’ll call names from the waiting list until we run out of unclaimed seats.
By the time we get to the waiting list, everyone else is in the theatre waiting for the show to start. So:
- Please bring cash! Cash is just much faster than credit cards, and we’re trying to get everyone in and the show started as quickly as possible.
- Your seats will probably not be together. You will need to take whatever seats aren’t already occupied.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
For the latest about Catastrophic Theatre productions, events and more